Wednesday 15 August 2012

Introducing: Lizzie Coates – the new Project Manager for the MALT study


I joined the RAT Group on 2 July 2012, as the new Project Manager on the MALT study – Overcoming the Barriers to Mainstreaming Assisted Living Technologies.

Lizzie Coates
My background is in health services research and social research, and I have worked in a range of research posts in academia and government. I have worked at ScHARR previously, in the Health Economics and Decision Science section, at the beginning of my career, and following that I completed a PhD in Sociology which explored research utilisation in central government. For the last 4 years, I have been working as a Research Manager in the Department for Work and Pensions managing and delivering policy evaluation of employment services.

My role on the MALT study involves working with the research consortium from ScHARR and the Socio-Technical Centre at the University of Leeds, the Advanced Digital Institute, as well as NHS and other health care providers and close collaboration with industry. The aim of this three year Technology Strategy Board funded programme is to better understand the barriers to and facilitators of delivering assisted living technology.

[written by Lizzie Coates]
                                                                                                                                        


No comments:

Post a Comment